Lo5 #3: Songs and TV series

09:03 0 Comments A+ a-



The most amazing, peculiar, hilarious and overall best surprise of the last two TV Show seasons is the lovely Galavant. The cast says that this Medieval set Fairytale Musical Parody is as if The Princess Bride and Monty Python humour had a little baby with a Mel Brooks's vibe. And it is so true!


Being a Musical comedy, Galavant has, of course, a ton of songs. And each and every one of them is great. It'll be good for you to know that Galavant's song are written by nothing less than Alan Menken and Christopher Lennertz. Yeah, Menken, that guy who probably wrote your favourite Disney song of all time. So, yeah, they're good. They're really good. So here you have the...

Top Seven Galavant songs: Seasons 1 and 2

No, I'm not wrong. This WILL NOT be a regular top five! You have no idea how hard is was (IS BEING) for me to choose only some songs. The first carefully made list had fourteen! And it hurt like hell to cut it more, and put them into some kind of preference order. So please accept my pain, bare with it, and continue.

NUMBER 7: The Happiest Day of Your Life

This song is from the second season, and it is here for the fun, and mostly to show how different styles of music are used. I love you (as much as someone like me can love anyone), the Medieval Tango sung by Galavant and Madalena could also be the selected, but this one for me is funnier and more catchy.

NUMBER 6: Lords of the Sea


What can I say? It's a pirate's chant! About pirates who not only are not at sea, but also have taken agriculture (sustainably, of course!) and have a line of homemade organic deserts. And the Pirate King is the brilliant guest star Hugh Downton Abbey Bonneville. What's not to love here?

NUMBER 5: Hey, hey, We're the Monks


Perfect singing monks are perfect! I have no idea who came up with this, but it's so genious I can't even! Also, it has 'Weird Al' singing, as a special guest star.

NUMBER 4: Off With His Shirt

Ok, ok, I'm starting to see a padron here. I can't tell you why 3 of these are with guest stars, but it's the last one, ok? Promisse! This amazing tune is the most Pop of the show, and certainly one that has been stuck in my head for weeks now. Also, gay medieval bars in the middle of a forest. Yeah, that's HOW FAR they go!
NUMBER 3: Galavant

It breaks my heart to give this one a last place at the podium, 'cause it's the song that started it all. The lyrics are amazing and it's absolutely catchy and makes you sing it for hours to no end. HOWEVER...

NUMBER 2: She'll be Mine

King Richard is my absolute favourite and this was the song that grabbed me to the show never to give up on it anymore. It's hilarious and even with so many new things happening I still sing it every time.
NUMBER 1: A New Season


One of the most brilliant executed examples of Breaking the Forth Wall ever! I mean, tell me what is the other show that can recap the previous season AND comment of the miracle that was to get a renewal and be able to make a second season, even not having decent ratings. This songs gets you happy and excited and wanting more and WE'RE WITH YOU GUYS, LETS GO GO GO!
And finishing this, a little honorable mention for the best singer in the entire show: Applause to the Jester!
PS - I'll be heading off to Barcelona tomorrow, so please don't expect new posts from me on the next few days. See you all soon! ;)