The BFS16 #1 or And so it... begins (?)

07:31 0 Comments A+ a-



Title: Batman Begins
Year: 2005
Director: Christopher Nolan
Other: USA, 140 min, Action/ Adventure 
Rating:  IMDB: 8,3; Rotten Tomatoes: 85%;

Watchable (great if you're into whispering guys)

So, my relationship with Batman is... uh... complicated to say the least. Oh well, who am I kidding. I HATE the guy. Seriously hate him. With everything I have. I just can't stand the "poor rich child who lost his parents and is broken because of it" act, not only because of Bruce Wayne's money, but mainly 'cause there is no reason for him to be that much emo all the time. He's still in his house, not in a foster home, he still has a parental figure left and nothing more goes wrong with his life except the parents thing, which, though I might concede is catastrophic IS NOT ENOUGH for anyone to develop the type of paranoid behaviour Bruce presents all the time. Seriously, dude, get a hobby that doesn't involve banging some guy's head against the wall, will you? What? Oh, I don't know, golf maybe? Or... polo? (Alfred knows his shit, I'm telling you).

So you might ask: If you don't like Batman, why is this movie doing here? Well, dear reader, for a fair amount of reasons:

1) Though Batman is far from being my cup of tea I'm way into this superhero wave that it's been goin' on in the industry these days. On that account, Marvel is quite often (not to say always) better than DC, but I need to stay informed about what's being done;

2) Gotham is the best! Not only the best thing DC has ever done (like, really, EVER) concerning TV or Movie adaptation, but one of the best super hero related products from the last decade. Of course that the fact that Gotham is Batman without the annoying character per se (I noticed that I tend to accept Bruce Wayne’s behaviour when he is a kid ‘cause... well, he is a kid) may contribute to my opinion of it, especially if it means that all the other amazing characters and, mainly, amazing villains, are all still there (not to mention Gordon). So, yeah, I need to check these movies out (and probably need to make a review post on Gotham, now that I’m thinking of it);

3) My boyfriend made me. Ok, he didn’t MADE me, but he’s been talking about watching the Dark Knight trilogy for quite some time and I finally gave in. The prospect of finding Heath Ledger (*sobs*) as Joker on the second movie may or may not be related to that.

So here I go on this wild adventure! Wish me luck!