The BFS16 #5: The one with the princess and Robin Hood... or something

09:42 0 Comments A+ a-



Title: The Princess Bride
Year: 1987
Director: Rob Reiner
Other: M/6, 98 min, Adventure/Comedy/Family
Rating: IMDB: 8,1; Rotten Tomatoes: 97%

Highly quotable parody romance between a powerpuf..*cof* sorry, a Princess and a Robin Hood that is actually a pirate Zorro

I have great friends who, for the most part, give me great recomendations (and advice, and stuff...) and have this annoying habit of quoting stuff ALL THE TIME. So, as almost the last person on the group that hadn't watch this, I was kind of "forced" to do it. 

...And it wasn't exactly bad...

First, I didn't start watching the movie with the right mindset. My disbelief was too high, which resulted on me snorting half the time. And that was a shame, 'cause it IS a really enjoyable film if you watch it as it's supposed to be: mostly a parody.
Second of all, I was extremely tired, and though my soul needed a comfort movie I wasn't strong enough and almost fell asleep. The sometimes slow pacing of the film might also be related to that, but I don't have enough to proof blame it, really.
Also, despite the fact that Princess Buttercup is useless, all the other characters are super entertaining. My special kudos go for Inigo Montoya, that half an hour in I decided to be my favourite character. Westley also deserves a tumbs up, though I can't really look at young Cary Elwes and not imagine him with a bow and arrow, singing "Men in thights". In fact, The Princess Bride has a little bit of a Mel Brooks's feel, though it can't deliever the humour with the same genious quality.

And, you know what? I was forced to agree that it IS, indeed, a higly quotable movie. Wanna see?

There you have it!