The BFS16 #16: When Young Adult is good

10:18 0 Comments A+ a-


Title: The 5th Wave
Year: 2016
Director: J Blakeson
Other: M/12, 112 min, Action/ Adventure/ Sci-fi
Rating: IMDB: 5,2; Rotten Tomatoes: 17%



Trust me when I'm telling you this is worth watching.

All that I've been reading about The 5th Wave tells me that it isn't any good, that it is a rip-off of all other YAs out there. There's nothing new, they say, nothing different, it's the same old thing over and over again.

I strongly disagree.

Though it may be true that this flick isn't fresh and new and trully inovative, the narrative is presented to you in a likable, believable way. The portrayal of Cassie is real, in a girl-next-door kind of way, and the story, though inevitably flawed at some points, sticks with you. It may not be incredible, but it was undoubtebly and unfairly swallowed by the wave of anti-YA films that's been spreading all over the Internet.

My personal advise is for you to give it a try.