The BFS16 #14: The inevitable zombie apocalipse

05:47 0 Comments A+ a-



Title: World War Z
Year: 2013
Director: Marc Forster
Other: M/16, 114 min, Action/ Adventure / Horror
Rating: IMDB: 7,0; Rotten Tomatoes: 67%

Still better than The Walking Dead...

For all of you out there, please notice, zombies aren't my thing. Yes, Warm Bodies was the cutest, and anything with zombies will involve dead people with their guts smashed on the pavement, but lets face it, my patience for grunting is limited (maybe that's why I'm delaying The Revenant so much...). Blame it on The Walking Dead, which is the most tedious thing on TV only comparable to those horrible Breaking Bad's breakfast scenes. I'm telling you, I've watched the entire first season and was able fo fall asleep in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE! I'm  also the person who went to the midnight screening of the last Les Misérables and remained awake for the entire thing (it might have cost me part of my sanity, I'll admit), so I can tell you, I'm strong! 

So, yeah, zombies...
If you're going to watch WWZ be prepared for the expected. It's not a plot-what-plot situation, apart from the first 30 minutes, but it's close, due to the lack of consistency on the whole thing. Despite that, it is susprisingly watchable and even pleasant if you can suspend your disbelief and be able to be there only for the action scenes and the creative ways of fighting, "killing" and running away from zombies while trying to stop the apocalipse. And, of course, Brad Pitt plays Brad Pitt at a zombie apocalipse.

The usual thing on the usual way. If you're there for the action scenes and the visual effects, go ahead and enjoy, it's worth it.